Forum

Intermittent Fastin...

Notifications
Clear all

Intermittent Fasting Discussion  

Bariatric Secrets
(@matthew)

This thread is for sharing your fasting schedule, sharing advice and offering support and guidance!

*** There is to be no judgment passed on this thread, we are all here to SUPPORT one and other, not bring people down. ***

Topic Tags
7 Replies
Samantha Henry
Registered, Customer
(@samanthahenry)

I have never tried this before -- and I am still a little daunted by it. I am taking the doc's advise and starting out on a 16:8 hr fasting window. Anyone tried this before? Any tips? Love, Samantha x

1 Reply
LisaJayne23
(@lisajayne23)

Hi @samanthahenry - I have been doing the 16:8 fasting window now for a week or two. It definitely can be hard getting used to at first. But in the short amount of time I have implemented my window it has gotten a lot easier. I think I appreciate my food more when I get it and it also makes me make better conscious decisions. My biggest tip would be to plan ahead what you are going to eat for the day! And have something you are excited to eat to break your fast honey! My go to at the minute is the avocado bacon salad from the June meal plan. It's super tasty xx

sheron
(@sheron)

I have set my alarm on my phone for 8pm.  That is my STOP EATING clock.  I have water and sometime decaf tea if I am really feeling a "need" and I go until at least 9 am before have a protein coffee.  That takes me until about 2 pm when I have yogurt fruit and perhaps a cheese stick.  I'll switch to rice cake/peanut butter and sf jam or small salad with meat/protein  Then dinner is protein, veg/salad and ??? No bread or added sugar usually. before I know it my alarm goes off and so does eating.

2 Replies
LisaJayne23
(@lisajayne23)

@sheron - That sounds delicious! I love PB and J. What sugar free jam do you use? I want to try this!

Bariatric Secrets
(@matthew)

Great to hear you are getting well adjusted to intermittent fasting @sheron! Have you ever tried bone broth? That's our go-to at Bariatric Secrets HQ, if the hunger growls hit before our eating windows. It's absolutely delicious, full of goodness, can be made in bulk and is really satiating!

SarahJ668
(@sarahj668)

I am new to this. Anyone else? I am weary though, what about breakfast being the most important meal of the day?

Bariatric Secrets
(@matthew)

Hi @SarahJ668 - We actually have written an article just on this topic! Give it a read and if you still have any questions please don't hesitate to send us a message! - https://bariatricsecrets.com/skipping-breakfast-is-good-for-you/

Hope you're having a great day!

Share: