Forum

Tell Your Weight Lo...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Tell Your Weight Loss Surgery Story!  

Page 1 / 2

Bariatric Secrets
(@matthew)

In this thread, we want you to have your voice heard and tell your own personal weight-loss story! Beginning this journey can be very difficult and can leave you feeling isolated. Hopefully, with people sharing their stories -- you'll see that there are others in the same boat as you!

*** There is to be no judgment passed on this thread, we are all here to SUPPORT one and other, not bring people down. ***

Topic Tags
WLS
13 Replies
HugoPearson
(@hugopearson)

Hi my names Hugo, I had a gastric sleeve 4 years ago. My starting weight being 414 lbs, after surgery I lost 124 lbs but have regained 50 lbs again. Heartbreaking to say the least. However, I am going to give this my best shot again. From what I have seen, it seems Dr. Varner was once in the same boat as me, which is why I decided to optin. I feel that it takes someone to have walked in your shoes before they truly understand the struggles of living a life dangerously overweight. Is anyone else just starting?

2 Replies
LisaJayne23
(@lisajayne23)

Hi @hugopearson! Yes, just starting (two weeks or so) -- already feeling much better for taking some action. How are you getting on?! x

Bariatric Secrets
(@matthew)

@lisajayne23 & @HugoPearson -- Welcome to the community!

Samantha Henry
Registered, Customer
(@samanthahenry)

Hi there, I had my surgery 6 years ago. Shed a lot of weight and was close to my goal. Bad habits crept back in and regained close to 80lbs. It upsets me to talk about it to others, but hoping sharing my story will help give me confidence and some accountability moving forward. I have a list of health conditions to my name and I know the weight is the underlying factor. If anyone wants someone to talk to, or to try go on this journey together let me know. Sending all my love, Samantha x

1 Reply
LisaJayne23
(@lisajayne23)

Hi @samanthahenry! I would love to keep in touch to see how you are getting on. We are all in this together! xx

LisaJayne23
(@lisajayne23)

Hi! I am Lisa and I am born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. I had bariatric surgery just over two years ago. I lost a lot of weight but recently things have been taking a turn for the worse. With two kids under the age of ten running around the house, I have my hands full a lot of the time and my eating habits have got a lot worse. Hoping this is the kickstart I need to try and finally hit my goal. 

On a side note, for any low carb/high fat newbies like myself -- as a savory food lover, I recently just came across pork rinds! I am obsessed, salty, and delicious and are a perfect alternative if you crave chips a LOT like me!!!

Pamela
(@pamela)

Hi everyone! My name is Pamela. I had gastric sleeve a little over 2 years ago. I lost 87 lbs, but over the last 6 months I have gained 20 back. Fortunately, I have gone back to working out and am trying to correct my eating habits again. It is just so frustrating that I allowed myself to slide back into old habits. 

I still have 150 more lbs to lose. I have even though about having the duodenal switch performed to help with remaining weight. However, I think if I get my nutrition lined out, I won't need to do that. 

1 Reply
Bariatric Secrets
(@matthew)

Hi @Pamela, thanks so much for sharing your story! You're in the right place... A lot of people here have similar stories to yourself. Our founder, Dr. Kyle Varner was in the same boat after he had his gastric sleeve procedure. His weight-loss stalled dramatically and he was a long way off reaching his goal weight.

After a lot of research, trial and error he finally created a dietary lifestyle that not only enabled him to rapidly lose weight and quickly hit his target, but also sustain it. This is why he created Bariatric Secrets.

He wanted to share exactly what he did to achieve bariatric success and also create a community to support one another on their respective journeys. 

Wishing you every success @Pamela and if you have any questions you can leave a reply below or email us directly at bariatricsecrets@drvarner.com.

Page 1 / 2
Share: